Thursday, January 14, 2021

An Adventure of a Lifetime: The Journey begins

I have had the opportunity to have so many honors in my life. I have worn many hats throughout my life and I am always up for something NEW. This is different though. I can't believe it. A hat I never thought I would be blessed to wear. That's the Mommy hat. I am Autumn Simone's mother. She was next to me and growing and developing with me every day for the past nine months. She has been with me. She has heard my every heart beat. Every. Single. Beat. I have never felt so connected to someone else and it is funny because over the past week, I can't help but just sit and stare at her as she sleeps. When she opens her eyes and makes out my blurry face, it makes me grin from ear to ear. I am blessed to be chosen to be Autumn's mom. She is now 8 days old and I promise you, these eight days have been a blessing. With the challenges of keeping my eyes open to feed her when I'm tired or walking around to recover-I am thankful that God chose me. It is a great honor and pleasure to be the best mom for my daughter.

No comments: