Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Toto, I don´t think we´re in TEXAS anymore!?!?!?!

Hello Friends and Family,

Wow! It has been a busy few days though it feels like I have been here for weeks. It is absolutely amazing. Beautiful. The elevation is so high, you lose your breath just by getting out of bed. I was welcomed with open arms by my family-Viviana, Marcos, and Antonio. We are actually planning an excursion to the beach this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.

On Sunday, we took a tour, and I didn´t get to go around much, but I have a lot to look forward to seeing. It is amazing. I think my expectations were one thing and I came down here to see something totally different. It is a large city, like any other. Of course, this is a developing country, so you have to understand that plumbing isn´t all that great. I have to wait forever for water to warm up, or just go ahead and take a COLD shower.

EQUATOR- Who cares? It is cold down here! Yep, we are on the equator, but we are in the MOUNTAINS....therefore, it´s cold. I will take a picture of Cotapaxi for you which is an active volcano. It is covered with snow. Absolutely beautiful. I have a few pictures to share with you, but rest assured more are coming.

The weather is so funny. Look at the pics and you will see how from one side of the mountain it looks like we will have a storm and on the other side, as sunny and blue as can be!

Can´t wait to talk to guys and I hope that you all are doing well in the States. I miss you, but I´m having fun! Love you all!




No comments: