Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tena Diaries: Tena River City Limits

I'm not a big water person, especially here in Ecuador. You never know what you're going to get. One thing I can honestly say I miss is the constant water pressure and temperature. However, Tena was a different story. It's so hot, that cold water was always welcome on my forever glistening body. Yep, one movement caused a little perspiration. You could sweat from just thinking too hard!

So, where do you go when you want to get some action going and cool off....Water Rafting Of Course!

After taking the drive into the heart of the jungle, I had to walk to the canyon. The river was absolutely beautiful! It was like in the movies.

Now, I have never gone rafting before, so I really needed to listen to instructions. Now, you gotta understand, it's pretty difficult to listen to instructions in Spanish from something that can be quite peligroso (dangerous)! But I got it...I think!

I was in the front and oh boy...that's the place to be. However, that's also the place where you need the most muscles. It was tough stuff.





Now, I gotta tell you. Even with super de duper, strong oblong kabong, powerful bo bowerful bug spray...the mosquitos tore me up. It looks like Chicken Pox...argghhh.I didn't mind the mariposas though(butterflies). They say that if a mariposa lands on you, you will fall in love soon. Ummm...yeah right. But it's only a saying. I think it's because I'm chevere (cool)...what other reason is there?

I was out there for 5 hours, and although I was tired, I think I could have kept going...with a case of Red Bull of course!

I have got to do that again. I couldn't have picked a better place to visit. My adventures in Tena....I will never forget them!

No comments: