Friday, May 25, 2007

Chapter Closed

Like my good friend Stephanie told me today, "It's time to start a new chapter."

My time has come to an end teaching at Forest Lane Academy. I am starting a new chapter in this book called Life. We all have one. Some of our books are in the Mystery section, some are still in the Young Adult or Children's section, not yet branching out into maturity. I am excited about my book. The book that has many twists, turns, and topsy-turvies!

The Forest Lane Academy chapter I have to admit gave me so much. The passion I feel for my position and my experiences here led me to tears. The messy kind. The ones that soft dabs of tissue can't hold back. My face was flushed red and my eyes were as puffy as the good kind of cotton balls that you get from Target. My students understood that my tears were for sadness and joy all wrapped into one.

I am sad because I will miss the friendships that I have made over the past few years. I will miss walking into the school and shouting good mornings all around. I will miss my students. I will never forget any of them. I have been in the teaching profession for a while and I can honestly admit, I haven't forgotten a single one. They all hold a special place in my heart. When they surprised me with a book compiled of letters and pictures, I was again reminded of how special these children are. How thoughtful. They thought of things that I had forgotten or said nice things about me that I didn't even think they thought. Some of them wrote words that I didn't even know they knew! It was absolutely amazing!

I hope that I can have more experiences like I had at Forest Lane. I am looking forward to my move to Ecuador.

Books are meant to be written and read. No one really wants to read a book with just one chapter. I am excited to start a new chapter and will keep you posted as more is written, so please don't forget to read!

No comments: