Saturday, June 16, 2007

E.T. NO PHONE!


Well, friends and family. The worst thing happened: I dropped my phone. Not only did I drop it, but it spit in HALF. I mean the mouth piece was under the sofa and the ear piece was spinning like a merry go round! Well, with that said, I am without phone numbers for all of the important people in my life. Please give me a call before I leave so I can write your number down and keep in touch.


On that note...isn't it amazing how we pick up a cell phone, nothing but metal that connects people worlds apart and use it like it is the most important thing in the world. When we break it or lose it...we lose our minds. I was so lost. I only knew 3-5 numbers from memory. I felt horrible for relying on a piece of metal that is the connection between my friends and family. Please don't be like me. Don't wait until your phone is non-existant before you get a back-up plan. Your only ties to your relationships shouldn't be a cell phone. It was for me, but after that wake-up call, I will not use my cell phone as my only line of communication anymore.

No comments: