Thursday, September 13, 2007

Early Reader

Well, I know what it's like now. You pick up a book and rely only on the pictures to help you understand what you're reading. You are not a fluent reader. You stumble on the words. You sound out Eh-ver-ee-th-ee-n-g. You realize that you don't know every single word, so you ask people around you "What does _______ mean?" or " How do you say ___________?"

I am currently reading a book that is found in the EASY section of the library. In bold print, it says A PARTIR DE 7 ANOS, which means that a seven year old could read it. Clearly, I'm about 20 years past that and it's almost a bit embarrassing. But I will keep going. I am reading a series about Mini, and by golly, by the end of the year, I hope to know all about her and all of her adventures!

So, now I understand an Early Reader's struggle. I need your support people. Don't laugh....encourage me. Even though my reading is lower than the 1st and 2nd graders at my school, I will NOT be ashamed. I will hold my head up high, sit in the chair at the Early Readers Meeting held on Wednesday Nights and say "My name is Krystle, and I'm an early reader!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krys,

You go then girl....I have faith in you. If the "Little Engine" could then so can you

Love you lots & Miss you much

BaByT